Following NSFAS board dissolution, Universities South Africa says priority is resolving outstanding issues

BW

Bernadette Wicks

15 April 2024 | 7:00

USA said while they note Minister Nzimande's decision, the most important thing is to work with the administrator to solve pressing issues.

JOHANNESBURG - Universities South Africa (USA) says following the latest developments in the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) saga, their priority now is putting to bed the outstanding issues.

Last week, the NSFAS board was dissolved with immediate effect, and the scheme was placed under administration.

Speaking at a press briefing on Sunday, Higher Education Minister Blade Nzimande said the former board had failed to implement recommendations made by Werksmans Attorneys, after an investigation into the appointment of four service providers, key among them, the termination of their contracts.

Dr Phethiwe Matutu is the CEO of Universities South Africa.

"We note the developments which have been highlighted by the minister and for us the most important thing is to work with the administrator to get the unresolved issues between NSFAS and universities resolved."

Trending News