Graft-accused Pule Mabe's lawyers file for bail

Alpha Ramushwana
16 October 2024 | 11:28Mabe, along with six co-accused, appeared at the Palm Ridge Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
JOHANNESBURG - Lawyers representing graft-accused African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee (NEC) member Pule Mabe filed a formal bail application at the Palm Ridge Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
Mabe, along with six co-accused, surrendered to the Hawks’ Special Commercial Crimes Unit earlier in the day.
According to an investigation by the Special Investigating Unit (SIU), Mabe's company, Enviromobi, was improperly awarded a tender by the Gauteng Agriculture Department in 2017, without disclosing its connection to him.
Investigations by the unit revealed that the company misrepresented its ownership and qualifications when submitting its tender bid.
All you need to know about the fraud and theft charges the former MP is facing.
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) October 16, 2024
“Also that the company failed to disclose in its bid proposal, its affiliation to the politician who was a member of Parliament,” the HAKWS said in a statement. @Alpha_Mero25 pic.twitter.com/eMD6IBIZ5d
Trending News
More in Local
30 August 2025 06:14
Hill-Lewis confirms the eviction process is underway to remove about 160 foreign nationals from two sites in Cape Town
30 August 2025 06:11
CODETA says it's unclear when they will meet to CATA to resolve taxi industry conflict
30 August 2025 05:59
CODETA says they'll most likely contest court ruling