ActionSA doubles down on support for Xolani Khumalo amid expected court appearance

Johannesburg
Thabiso Goba

Thabiso Goba

18 February 2026 | 5:44

Khumalo, who recently became the metro’s MMC for By-law Enforcement, is accused of beating up a man in December and pointing a gun at him.

ActionSA doubles down on support for Xolani Khumalo amid expected court appearance

ActionSA leader Herman Mashaba (right) and the party's Ekurhuleni mayoral candidate, Xolani Khumalo, during an event on 5 October 2025. Picture: @Funzi_Ngobeni/X

ActionSA has doubled down on its support for its mayoral candidate in the City of Ekurhuleni, Xolani Khumalo, as he is set to make his second court appearance on Wednesday on charges of assault.

Khumalo, who recently became the metro’s MMC for By-law Enforcement, is accused of beating up a man in December and pointing a gun at him.

ActionSA said this happened during a drug bust raid in which police and other private security companies were present.

When this matter last sat in court, the State said it was still waiting for the medical report of the man Khumalo is accused of assaulting.

In a separate matter, earlier in February, a Nigerian man was allegedly killed by private security during the taping of Khumalo’s drug-busting TV show, Sizok’thola.

Despite these run-ins with the law, ActionSA’s president, Herman Mashaba, recently told EWN that the party will continue to back his crime-fighting exploits.

“Xolani Khumalo has got my, not 100%, but 200% support in fighting drug dealers who are destroying the future of our youth and families.”

Khumalo is charged alongside the chairperson of Gauteng’s anti-crime units, Duma Radebe.

They are both expected to appear at the Palm Ridge Magistrates Court in Katlehong on Wednesday.

Get the whole picture 💡

Take a look at the topic timeline for all related articles.

Trending News