Lusikisiki massacre: State witness tells court alleged mastermind tried to recruit him to kill a witness

Nhlanhla Mabaso
27 August 2025 | 13:28The witness, who has been identified as a neighbour to Ndamase, testified in the mass murder trial sitting in the Mthatha High Court in Lusikisiki on Wednesday.
The Lusikisiki massacre accused in the dock on Tuesday, 12/08/2025, in the Mthatha High Court. Picture: Nhlanhla Mabaso/ EWN.
LUSIKISIKI - A State witness in the Lusikisiki mass murder case told the court that accused 1, Mzukisi Ndamase, tried recruiting him to kill another witness on his behalf.
The witness, who has been identified as a neighbour to Ndamase, testified in the mass murder trial sitting in the Mthatha High Court in Lusikisiki on Wednesday.
He said that the accused called him while in prison, where he is serving a life imprisonment for murder.
According to the State, Ndamase is the mastermind behind the killing of the 18 victims in Ngobozana Village in the Eastern Cape in September last year.
The first person to testify in this mass murder trial on Wednesday told the court that Ndamase called him while serving time in the Mthatha prison.
He testified that this was back in 2021, after his brother was killed, and that Ndamase was the one who told him who the alleged killers were.
The witness also told the court that his deceased brother worked for Ndamase, although he did not reveal details on the kind of work he did.
He told the court that Ndamase then tried recruiting him to kill a witness for him.
During cross-examination, Ndamase denied having sent the witness to kill anyone.
[IN PICTURES] It’s week five of the #LusikisikiMassacreTrial in the Mthatha High Court sitting in Lusikisiki, Eastern Cape.
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) August 27, 2025
The trial is expected to get to a crucial point of the case today as some key witnesses are set to testify in the matter. @_NMabaso pic.twitter.com/KdQQxRP2yq
The state leading evidence from witness who cleaned the second scene where four people were killed at the Mhatu homestead, just a few metres from the scene 1, the Sinqina family home. #LusikisikiMassacreTrial @_NMabaso
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) August 27, 2025
Get the whole picture 💡
Take a look at the topic timeline for all related articles.
Trending News
More in Local
29 August 2025 09:52
SANTACO calls on Gauteng govt to get house in order after Ekurhuleni taxi operations halted
29 August 2025 09:01
After WC govt secures interdict, Winde urges CATA, CODETA to return to talks to end violence
29 August 2025 08:41
Deadline looms for online admissions applications for grades 1, 8 in Gauteng